The Motorola Moto E6i falls in place as a low-end/low-budget device that shares DNA with Moto E6s which was released last year. The resemblance between both smartphones can be seen in the design and some of the performance facilitators. The Moto E6i can also be seen as an alternative to the Motorola E6 Play.
Motorola Moto E6i Key Specs & Features
- 6.1 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1560 Pixels (289 PPI)
- Android 10 (Go edition)
- Unisoc SC9863A Processor (28nm)
- 13MP +2MP Dual Rear Cameras
- 5MP Front Camera
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB Built-in Storage, SD-Card Support
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear-Mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 3000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, the Motorola Moto E6i shares a lot of features with the Moto E6s. The most conspicuous of those shared features is the chassis design. Both Android smartphones are basically identical. However, enthusiats can use their colour variants as a differentiating factor.
The Moto E6i comes in Titanium Gray, Pink, while the Moto E6s comes in Peacock Blue, Sunrise Red.
The rear covering brandishes a plain coloured design. On it, you will find dual cameras, a speaker grill, and the Motorola emblem embedded in a capacitive fingering sensor, which pretty much gives you the hint that it’s a Motorola smartphone.
The rear covering is made of plastic, same as the frame, however, we have glass up front which can be attributed to the presence of the display. Enthusiats won’t be paying flagship or mid-range prices for this device, so expecting anything more premium than this build, would be prepping for something beyond the norm.
Flipping the device to get a front view, reveals a 6.1 IPS LCD display, with a drop notch. This display has a resolution of 720 x 1560 and a density of approximately 282 PPI. Aside from being a reminiscence of the Moto E6s, this display also happens to share parameters with the display on the Motorola Moto E6 Plus.
The cameras on the Motorola Moto E6i are as basic as the ones seen on the Moto E6S. It’s the same dual rear camera setup on the rear and the same single camera setup upfront.
The dual-camera setup on the rear comprises a 13MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. Video recording with this rear setup is capped at 1080p @30fps.
The front side holds just one 5MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera is also capable of shooting videos maxed at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, the Moto E6i drops the MediaTek Helio P22 processor as seen on the E6s and replaces it with a Unisoc SC9863A processor, which is a lower grade processor, It also doesn’t feature a 4GB / 64GB variant as seen on the E6s.
The performance facilitators include an IMG8322 GPU, 2GB RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 3000mAh Li-ion battery.
On the software side, the Motorola E6i runs stock Android user interface on top of the Android 10 Go edition operating system.
The Motorola Moto E6i features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, low-energy Bluetooth 4.2 and WiFi.
Internet connectivity here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t be able to utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, uploads, and streaming.
Motorola Moto E6i Price and Availability
The price of the Motorola Moto E6i is around $207, which translates to about 78,867 Naira in Nigeria, 22,746 KSH in Kenya, and 1,198 GHC in Ghana.
The Motorola Moto E6i was announced and released for purchase on February 11th, 20201
Motorola Moto E6i Specs
Here are a few specs of the Motorola Moto E6i:
- Platform: Android 10 (Go edition)
- Processor: Unisoc SC9863A (28nm) (Octa-core 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×1.2 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: IMG8322
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Titanium Gray, Pink
- Dimension: 155.6 x 73 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 160 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.1-inch IPS LCD Touch screen, 720 x 1560 Pixels (~282 ppi density), ~80.4% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13MP (Primary) f/2.2 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, 1080p @ 30fps
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera, f/2.2, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Uses Shared SIM Slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 19, 28, 66
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Micro-USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, LTEPP, SUPL
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 3000mAh Li-ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –
Buy Cheap MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, Airtel Data VTU Services, Check out the best offers for you Today