The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s pro falls in place as a more premium sibling to the standard Red Magic 6s and also a sequel to the Red Magic 6 pro. As a more premium sibling, it offers more RAM, bigger storage, bigger batteries, and faster charging. Summing up these offerings, shows we have a higher performer, designed for enthusiasts that want more.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.8 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, (~387 PPI), 165Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, Redmagic 4.5
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888+ 5G (5 nm)
- 12GB / 16GB / 18GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB / 512GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 8MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (under display, optical)
- 5G Network
- Pressure Sensitive Zones (450Hz touch-sensing)
- Built-in Cooling Fan
- Fast Charging (120W Capacity) – China model , 66W – International model
- RGB Light
- Non-Removable 5050 mAh Li-Po Battery – International Model
- Non-Removable 4500 mAh Li-Po Battery – China Model
Design and Display
One of the things you won’t facilitate your decision to purchase this ZTE nubia red magic 6s pro, is definitely its design. As its basically the same as seen with its siblings in the series.
With the fact holding in the above paragraph, enthusiasts should expect the same gaming-oriented design, with the same aesthetics, seen on its siblings.
The ZTE nubia red magic 6s pro bears the same transparent rear covering as seen on the regular magic 6. Enthusiasts will also have the option of going for the opaque eclipse black and also the white colour, which isn’t on its direct sibling.
On the rear, we have the same vertical array of three cameras, the red magic branding, and the RGB lighting.
while upfront, we have the same 6.8-inch AMOLED display. The highlights of this display include a resolution of 1080 x 2400, a density of approx 387 PPI, and a 165Hz refresh rate.
ZTE also reminisced the same gaming facilitators, which leaves us with 450Hz touch-sensing pressure-sensitive zones, a sliding trigger on the rear, RGB light, and a built-in fan.
This goes to say enthusiasts are also in for some top-notch mobile gaming experience, something well above the norm.
If having improved camera hardware is one of the reasons you are considering the ZTE Red nubia red magic 6s pro, then you should totally look elsewhere as the cameras are a copy of the standard magic 6s and also the magic 6.
To this end, we have the same setup on the rear, which leaves us with a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.0, and a 120˚. Lastly, on the rear, we have a 2MP macro camera. Video recording on this setup is capped at 8k @ 30fps.
Moving up front, we also have the same single 8MP selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.0. Video recording on this camera is capped at [email protected]
Hardware and Software
As discussed in the introductory paragraph, the ZTE nubia red magic 6s pro’s edge is in its performance hardware.
Although we have the same Qualcomm snapdragon 888+ 5G CPU and the Adreno 660 GPU as seen on the regular Red magic 6s pro, we do have more RAM, more storage, a bigger battery, and faster charging speed on the 6s pro.
Here the RAM caps at 18GB, as opposed to 16GB RAM, storage caps at 512GB as opposed to 256GB. We also have 120W fast charging on the Chinese model and 66W fast charging on the international model. While the international model has a 5050mAh Li-Po battery, the Chinese model offers the same 4500mAh battery as seen on the regular magic 6s.
On the software side, we have the Red magic 4.5 user interface running on the Andriod 11 operating system.
The ZTE Nubia red magic 6s Pro features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a Type-C version 3.0 port with OTG support. We also have low-energy Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, and Wifi / Hotspot.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G which means enthusiasts can utilize 5G connectivity for downloads and uploads.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s Pro Price and Availability
The price of the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s Pro starts at around $706 which translates to about 290,816 Naira in Nigeria, 4,265 GHC in Ghana, and 77,773 KSH in Kenya.
The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s Pro was announced on September 6th, 2021, and is expected to be released on the 27th of September 2021.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s Pro:
- Platform: Android 11, Redmagic 4.5
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888+ 5G (5 nm), Octa-core (1×3.0 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 12GB / 16GB / 18GB RAM
- Colours: Eclipse Black, Transparent
- Dimension: 169.9 x 77.2 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 215 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.8 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 20:9 ratio (~387 PPI), ~85.1% screen-to-body ratio, 165Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8, PDAF (Wide) + 8 MP (Ultrawide) f/2.0, 120˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro)
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.0, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: 2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, aptX, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Type-C 3.0, USB On-The-Go; accessory connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 5050 mAh Li-Po Battery – International model, Non-removable 4500 mAh Li-Po Battery – International model
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 120W Fast Charging – China Model, 66W Fast Charging – International model