The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enumerator
Location: Gombe (Gombe, Kwami, Dukku, Akko, Billiri, Kaltungo and Shongum)
- Under the supervision and line management of the CHAD Governance Team Leader, the Enumerator is responsible for supporting CHAD Int’l Governance team to establish effective relationships with the hosted population, and facilitate increasing participation of the hosted population across all sectors within the site.
- This entails building strong relationships with the hosted population from across different ethnicities, religions, nationalities, genders and ages.
- The Enumerator will be responsible for establishing and supporting functioning and equitable community representative groups, and for organizing regular recreational and social events within the site.
- Moreover, will be responsible to design and implement workshops and relevant activities, so as to enhance hosted population’s autonomy and prepare them for their gradual integration into normal community setting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop strong relationships with members of the hosted population and also maintain contacts with the relevant community authorities and humanitarian actors at site level, in order to support the participation and inclusion of the hosted population.
- Mediate between different groups living within the site, to support peaceful relations and reduce security tensions.
- Continually sensitize all stakeholders as to the importance of respectful dialogue with the community.
- In close cooperation with the hosted population, organize appropriate social, recreational and cultural activities in the site which enhance social cohesion and improve their love to Governance and social learning.
- Promote a participatory approach (engagement of affected population) to wards towards learning, with the utmost to promote the empowerment and full engagement of women and girls in the community.
- Collect information on the needs and concerns of the hosted population, sharing with other stakeholders for follow-up.
- Support, appraise and providing training as needed; develop activity plans with the team and provide daily/ weekly learning system to the selected beneficiaries.
- Ensure that all activities/projects are implemented in accordance with agreed strategies, principles, implementation plans, and donor requirements.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports on progress on activities on the learning centers.
- Undertake other tasks assigned by the CHAD Governance officer/management to ensure the success of CHAD Int’l operations in the host communities.
- Provide inputs for all relevant internal and external reporting
- Ensure that all project-related documentation is of high quality and archived according to donor and CHAD Int’l requirements.
- Support effective communication and information-sharing to the hosted population, including providing information on services, activities and events in the community.
- Where possible, support activities aimed at supporting collaboration and positive relations between the hosted population and the host communities.
- Support with interpretation, cultural mediation and translation, if requested and if relevant to his/her skills
- Support in the design and implementation of verification and distribution of learning materials, protective materials and observing other safety protocols, as well as other relevant activities in the host communities.
- Designs and implements workshops and empowerment activities, aiming to enhance governance system within the project site.
- B.A Degree in International Relations, management, social science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years professional work experience in Governanceal projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local community members and other stakeholders
- Strong computer skills
- High professional ethics
- Knowledge of language (e.g. fulani, Tangale, Waja, Terawa ,Bolawa, Hausa) is essential .
- Experience in representation and community social work.
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are needed
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required
- Multi-tasking and organizational skill is a must, and a good sense of humor.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a high-risk security environment.
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principle and high sense of ethics
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in not more than 3 pages addressed to “the Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International” via: [email protected] using your name and the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: CHAD provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. CHAD International encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process
Application Deadline 15th January, 2022.