The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 7 October 2021 – Escape God’s Day Of Wrath
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Escape God’s Day Of Wrath
READ: Revelation 9:13-21 (NKJV)
- Then the sixth angel sounded: And I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,
- saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.”
- So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.
- Now the number of the army of the horsemen [was] two hundred million; I heard the number of them.
- And thus I saw the horses in the vision: those who sat on them had breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue, and sulfur yellow; and the heads of the horses [were] like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths came fire, smoke, and brimstone.
- By these three [plagues] a third of mankind was killed — by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths.
- For their power is in their mouth and in their tails; for their tails [are] like serpents, having heads; and with them they do harm.
- But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk.
- And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts.
In this passage, we see God directing a horrible and catastrophic punishment on humans on earth. Four demons were ordered to be released from the Euphrates River where they had been bound. Their works were to wreak havoc on the earth by killing a third of humans and they would use human soldiers as instruments of devastation. They would use a chemical and biological weapons – any agent of destruction that could be employed anywhere to wipe out an enemy country. Some allusions have been made to China as this nation to marshal this number of troops – 200,000,000. With their hearts controlled by demons, they will be merciless, consumed by an intense desire just to destroy, destroy and destroy more. Most unfortunately, we see that the people who were not killed still did not repent.
I appeal to you, most sincerely, to turn to the Lord Jesus now, to save you from this calamity to come upon the world. It is going to be horrible. Do not allow the devil to harden your heart against the message of salvation you hear today – See Psalm 95:7-8
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, come into my heart now and keep me away from Your anger.