GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education in Emergencies Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through revitalized partnership.
- It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people especially in the face of disaster or crises.
- GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 300,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services, GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services and Education support services.
- For the next seven months, GOALPrime, ROHI, GSF and CATAI as a consortium in Partnership with UNICEF under the CERF Fund will be implementing this Education in Emergencies Project in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe. So, we seek candidate of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles to fill the following position.
Dimension of Role:
- The post holder will directly implement the project and document lessons learnt, support assessments and monitoring and evaluation of the Education in Emergencies components of GOALPrime’s emergency response.
- He/she is responsible for assessment, response analysis, design, capacity building.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
In collaboration with theResponse Coordinator:
- Support in documenting lessons learnt and best practices of the pilot project
- With support from M&E team design a Monitoring plan and simple data collection tools to ensure monitoring and data collection of key project indicators.
- Support assessment of Education sector in the state of implementation
- Review, assess and update the education situation in areas affected by emergency
- Highlight education issues requiring a response – both immediate (less than 2 months) and medium-term and make recommendations on specific GPON actions required. Ensure core commitments to children are taken into consideration
- Ensure key data from assessments could be used as a baseline for program evaluation. If additional baseline data is required to evaluate children’s learning outcomes, then work with appropriate colleagues to collect this additional information.
- Support in designing appropriate education interventions based on the outcomes of assessments and the context. Inclusion of quality issues in education and learning outcomes is really important.
- Ensure that issues of early childhood, gender, protection, DRR, and conflict sensitivity are factored into the program design.
- Ensure GOALPrime guidelines, UN education cluster standards and INEE Minimum Standards, are considered and any departures documented
- Provide regular updates to Project Coordinator and Education in Emergencies Specialist, on progress, priorities and constraints – verbally and in writing on an agreed frequency.
- Represent GOALPrime to clusters, governmental and non-governmental groups as needed and agreed with the Team Leader.
- Support the implementation of, and represent GOALPrime in, emergency education coordination mechanisms including any relevant cluster.
- Brief updates and reports on sectoral activities/strategies to donors and other stakeholders.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Response Coordinator.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University Degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience Education in Emergencies
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related areas.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Experience in TaRL methodology EiE programme desirable but not essential
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2021 by (12:00 PM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
- GPON is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- GPON is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.