Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Residents of Kwapre and Dabna villages in Hong Local Government Area of Adamawa State have fled their homes over persistent attacks by bandits. Kwapre, Dabna, Lar, Zah and other adjoining villages are in Garaha Ward, where the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, and the slain Nigerian Army Brigadier General, Dzarma Zurkusu, hailed from.
2. Many passengers got trapped after a commercial vehicle plunged into a canal at Oworonshoki in Lagos State, on Monday. Some of the passengers who were rescued sustained different degrees of injuries.
3. Following the arrest of the son-in-law of former Governor, Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Uche Nwosu, the former governor and the incumbent Governor, Hope Uzodimma, yesterday, tore at each other over reasons for Nwosu’s arrest.
4. A Ghanaian returnee simply identified as Osas is on the run after allegedly killing his girlfriend, Elohor Oniorosa on Christmas Eve in what is suspected to be ritual killing in Benin, Edo State. The incident was said to have happened around Egor area of the state capital.
5. Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has expressed gratitude to many of his promoters on social media platforms. However, Zulum pleaded that some promoters should stop comparing his performance with those of other Governors, since all States have their peculiarities.
6. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State, on Monday, celebrated his former boss, Mnenge Mtemave, and other contemporaries of Gboko Motor Park for marking a positive impact in his life when he worked as a conductor. Ortom, in the spirit of the 2021 yuletide, also celebrated the driver’s colleagues at his residence in Ipav, Mbadim in Gboko.
7. The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami has said President Buhari rescued Nigeria from collapse within the first year of his administration. He said Buhari came at a time when the economy was about to collapse, which would have led to a total collapse of the nation, but he rescued the situation within a short period of time.
8. Gunmen have abducted a mobile policeman in Tike area of Mayo Belwa Local Government Area of Adamawa State. A resident said the abducted policeman was mistaken for a rich man, who was the target of the kidnappers.
9. An arrowhead of Yoruba Nation agitator, Prof Banji Akintoye, has unveiled a mobile application, Pajawiri, designed to track kidnappers and kidnap victims in the South-West zone of Nigeria. The historian and leader of the umbrella body of Yoruba self-determination group, Ilana Omo Oodua, made this known at an event in Ibadan, Oyo State.
10. The Edo State chapter of the All Progressives Congress has raised the alarm over the renewed plot by the state government to demolish the Central Hospital in Benin and convert it to a motor park. This was contained in a statement on Monday signed by the Assistant State Publicity Secretary, Victor Osehobo.