Wendernek Consulting Limited – Our client, an Oil and Gas company, is recruiting an experienced and proven individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate will champion and maintain the company’s compliance, health and safety procedure.
- He/She will also be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace onsite and at offsite locations.
- Accountable for the safe execution of projects and site implementation.
- Promote safe working practices and lead site safety initiative programmes.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal recommendations and guidelines.
- Be the key plug for safety training and conduct any site safety briefings as required and promote the development of a positive Safety culture.
- Gather accurate safety performance data from project produce weekly (including an assessment against KPI) reports.
- Carry out Investigations of safety – environmental accidents /incidents and produce reports / corrective actions.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to detect possible hazardous disorders.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Prepare for in-house, client or third party HSE audits.
- Prepare and apply HSE policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate company practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and compliance to statutory regulation.
- Provide routine advice and support to project site management and supervisors on safety issues associated with daily activates.
- B.Sc / M.Sc Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanic Engineering, Chemical Engineering or MSc Degree in Safety Engineering.
- Health and Safety Diploma or Degree is an added advantage.
- First-rate expertise in accident investigations / reporting is essential
- Trained Occupational First Aider would be an advantage.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Proficient inproducing reports, recording KPIs and developing relevant policies.
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in HSE capacity, in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Knowledge of HSE administration systems and programs.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal abilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted
Application Deadline 20th October, 2022.