The Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) is a National Non-governmental organization that aims to respond to the need of vulnerable communities through supporting self-reliant empowerment activities particularly for women and youth and other vulnerable members of the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Volunteer
Location: Pulka, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The project Improving Access to Integrated GBV Services for Women and Girls of Reproductive Age is a 10-month project funded by the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund (NHF) and implemented by the Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) in Jere, Bama and Pulka LGA’s of Borno state.
- The project targets vulnerable populations in IDP camps and host communities in Jere, Bama and Pulka with the aim of reducing suffering and vulnerability to GBV, SGBV & SEA for women and girls of reproductive age.
- The project will also support the co-ordination of the GBV sub-sector through co-ordination of the dignity kits technical working group (which REBHI leads) by assessing, reviewing and implementing the needs of beneficiaries into the standardized dignity kits contents.
- Conduct door-to-door sensitization on GBV prevention and reporting by community volunteers within IDP camps and host communities of target locations.
- Assist in program coordination, which may include focus group discussion, key informant interviews and one on one interview with respondents based on program developed and supplied by the program lead.
- Promote program intervention within community, especially integrating community leaders and decision makers.
- Assists in developing ways in which community involvement can be increased and community groups strengthened;
- Liaise closely with local actors and other local stakeholders to raise the awareness, sensitize and engage them at grassroot level.
- Provision of linkages to community-based structures relevant for project implementation.
- Participate in overall implementation of the activities as may be assigned by the project team lead.
- Gather and accurately record responses from the community members as the need may demand.
- Submit completed reports and other equipment used in fieldwork to the supervisor and will, if required to do so, compile his/her findings in a format required by the GBV Officer.
- As part of each assignment, he or she will participate in briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree, HND, NCE or OND qualification with 3 – 20 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications that do not follow this guideline will be disregarded
Application Deadline 17th October, 2022.