ETAP Digital Limited is a mobility technology company that’s making car insurance enjoyable for consumers and rewarding drivers for driving safely. ETAP is exactly what the name says it does. It makes car Insurance “easy as taking a picture” by making it simple, flexible and transparent. We’re creating truly flexible products that meet people’s real needs. Using lightning-fast technology to unlock better experiences and fairer prices for our customers, ETAP is building the future of insurance and mobility every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Lagos (Remote)
About the Role
- At ETAP, we are a Product team driven by data, and focused on building the most powerful Auto Insurance product and business in Africa.
- We work in a highly collaborative fashion and maintain an open and transparent work environment. As a part of the Product team, you will put your theories and vision into action from strategy to execution. Your objective is to remain as close as possible to our customers’ needs while ensuring the blitzscaling of our products.
- A successful candidate would be required to become a subject matter expert and develop a key understanding of factors that drive business success for ETAP.
- The candidate would analyze every day financial activities, advise on investment plans, monitor the company’s finances and produce financial reports. They work closely with management to develop and implement strategies and plans to achieve the company’s long-term objectives.
What You Will Do
- Liaison with business teams in establishing project budgets and forecasts for both short and long terms.
- Adhere to and stay abreast of recent developments to relevant accounting and tax standards.
- Produce monthly management accounts and own its process management documentation.
- Define and track critical success metrics and KPIs of the business, collaborating with other divisions to address them.
- Run regular in-depth analysis of financials to gain key insights and ensure accuracy.
- Work closely with the leadership team on strategy, roadmap, and targets for the business, and advise on hiring decisions and market opportunities.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (liquidity, payroll, invoicing, and other transactions)
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Perform financial management duties including generating financial data, compiling and submitting reports, analyzing industry trends and assessing the financial health of the company.
- Create strategic business plans based on the analysis of the company’s status and financial forecasts.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Assist the investor relations team with key financial deliverables and ad-hoc requests.
- Preparing periodic financial reports and analysis for management with the use of analytical tools showing trends and performances, which would aid decision making.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual variance reports.
- Ensure completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules.
- Ensure continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
- Develop financial models and analyses, dashboard reports to support strategic initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we look out for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- A Master’s Degree would also be desirable.
- ACCA/CFA strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of financial reporting standards, tax regulations and industry legislation.
- Excellent communication skills, along with an analytical mindset and a curious nature. You love to solve problems, get hands-on, experiment, measure, and use automation to optimize processes and programs.
- An initiator and a pusher. Has the urge and ability to make things happen and to solve practical problems in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to handle a number of concurrent activities with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Have genuine interest and curiosity about ETAP, and consumer insurance in general.
- Have experience working with a Tech Startup.
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
- Proven knowledge of financial analysis and strategy.
As well as a competitive salary, benefits of working at ETAP include:
- Fully remote team
- Hundreds of perks and discounts
- Mental health tool & assistance program
- Discount on your insurance
- Health Insurance
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays)
- Enhanced parental leave
- Brand new MacBook
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th August, 2022.