Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics & Warehouse Assistant
Requisition ID: 2022201994
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Field Coordinator
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Protection, Health, and Nutrition interventions.
- Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementation of all activities related to asset management, facility management, fleet management, warehousing, and logistics quality control.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists field coordinator in the arranging travel for field site staff and program beneficiaries.
- Assist the field coordinator in procurement and deliveries of materials to the warehouse and field sites.
- Verify quantities of goods delivered, inspect for damage, and sign delivery tags.
- Confer with user departments and provide cost information for budgeting purposes.
- Advise on methods to improve receiving, storing, and distributing materials and supplies; and maintain stock control records.
- Liaises with Field Coordinator & Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer to minimize inventory and eliminate obsolete items.
- Track usage of supplies and report on any incidence of abuse.
- Serves as point of call for logistical and administrative needs at the field site.
- Prepare and maintain records concerning the receipt and issuance of materials.
- Assists field coordinator in provision of logistic support to trainings delivered to community volunteers.
- Update computer inventory control records.
- Perform periodic physical inventory spot checks and reconciles with inventory records.
- Assist in determining proper inventory levels, ordering points, and ordering quantities.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc/BA Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Estate or Facilities Management or related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations is an advantage.
- Experience using inventory management software is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend and make inferences from technical materials and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, policies, and procedures.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity, and ethical values at all times.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Technical understanding of office and other mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Good analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply