Learning Through Skills Acquisition Initiative (LETSAI) is a non-for – profit, non-governmental and charity organization was established in June 2015. With the mission to offer literacy and social awareness, self-reliance and self-supported Community, community health and wealth liberation, Leadership development, Relief and Rehabilitation, Empowering women and encouraging gender equality. With the vision to create a new world where there is no caste, creed, race, patriarchy, Religion discrimination but only humanitarian ship and equality between genders. The Organization particularly targets vulnerable adolescent girls and boys, adult men and women, children and Geriatrics in other words the most vulnerable members of the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer
Requisition ID: LTS/CBM/BOR/22/ME
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (with frequent visits to field locations)
Project Duration: 1 year
- This project will directly target persons with disabilities, their family members and other community structures, the state and local government ministries, departments and agencies, Civil Society Organizations including Organization of People with Disabilities (OPDs), Women and girls, Community Health Workers and community members in Dikwa, Borno state.
- The objective of the project is to promote the well-being of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups through improved access to affordable, right-based and sustainable basic packages of sexual and reproductive health and livelihood services in Borno State.
General Position Summary
- The M&E Officer is responsible for supporting LETSAI staff to regularly collect, enter, verify and analyze data and make timely database adjustments, to measure the impact of the program.
- He/she will work closely with other project team members and will closely coordinate with other program staff to help ensure monitoring and evaluation of data is accurately incorporated into all reports and information products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand and maintain an M&E system database that improves ’s ability to inform program implementation, analyze data and represent impact to donors, government, partner organizations and communities.
- Ensure all relevant program staff are able to utilize the database to analyze program information and results.
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure all elements of the M&E system and database are better to utilize effectively by all stakeholders, assessing and identifying breakdowns and areas that require clarifications and improvements.
- Ensure field teams always have the most recent version of all M&E tools and documents.
- Assist the team in improving the program’s M&E systems by identifying good practices, field-tested lessons learned and creative recommendations; share with and encourage staff to incorporate these in their daily work.
- Review or edit data in reports as requested and required.
- Regularly review data entered into the M&E system to locate and fix problems with data entry or integrity.
- Work as part of a team to facilitate and support M&E operations including baseline, annual and end line surveys, regular monitoring, data collection, analysis and reporting according to the M&E work plan.
- Generate data (tables/graphs/reports) from the M&E database at regular intervals, ensuring reports/information are available for program implementation staff when required. Facilitate data analysis with program implementation team as requested.
- Other duties as may be assigned to him/her.
- S/he will supervise field staff and Enumerators.
- Reports Directly to: Project Coordinator
- Works Directly with: Finance, Program, MEL, and Operation Teams, partner staff.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Statistics or Population Studies or Postgraduate training in Monitoring and Evaluation is essential;
- A minimum of 4 years‟ experience in a similar position involving data collection, documentation and reporting;
- Demonstrable experience in producing good quality documents for different audiences and managing GBV& PWD information management systems;
- Experience in use of data to inform decision-making, planning, and performance monitoring
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills;
- Strong management skills (Managing, motivating and developing staff);
- Team player;
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions;
- Must be flexible and culturally sensitive;
- Proficiency in the English, Hausa and Kanuri.
- Ability to collect, analyze and produce good quality data and information;
- Proven skills in data management with concrete knowledge of open source tools such as ODK collect, KoBo Toolbox or CommCare platforms;
- Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms access
- Knowledge in computer statistical packages (EPI INFO, SPSS and Stata);
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory survey/research methods;
Standards of Professional Conduct
- LETSAI and LETSAI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the LETSAI Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, LETSAI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- LETSAI is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Nigerian NGO Sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 23rd September, 2022.
- LETSAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Female candidates are highly advised to apply