Learning Through Skills Acquisition Initiative (LETSAI) is a non-for – profit, non-governmental and charity organization was established in June 2015. With the mission to offer literacy and social awareness, self-reliance and self-supported Community, community health and wealth liberation, Leadership development, Relief and Rehabilitation, Empowering women and encouraging gender equality. With the vision to create a new world where there is no caste, creed, race, patriarchy, Religion discrimination but only humanitarian ship and equality between genders. The Organization particularly targets vulnerable adolescent girls and boys, adult men and women, children and Geriatrics in other words the most vulnerable members of the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Requisition ID: LTS/CBM/BOR/22/FIN
Project Duration: 12 months
Supervisor: Internal Auditor
- This position will report to the Internal Auditor and will be responsible for providing constant reporting to senior management on financial and budget targets.
- He/She will also be responsible for maintaining LETSAI’s accounting systems, providing technical and application support for the accounting system, and trouble-shooting issues relating to the system.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / HND Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, minimum of 2-4 years relevant experience.
- Or M.Sc / MA Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role with experience in financial management and reporting.
- Familiarity with donor grants or other client funded programs, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds is required.
- ACA, CNA, ACCA, CPA or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
- Knowledge of accounting softwares is an added advantage. E.G Quickbooks, Sage 50, ERP, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Maintain confidentiality for sensitive issues or projects and use judgment and decision-making to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Routine coordination with FHI employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information.
- Ability to conduct complex system analysis studies involving financially oriented applications.
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Excellent numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Standards of Professional Conduct
- LETSAI and LETSAI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the LETSAI Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, LETSAI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- LETSAI is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Nigerian NGO Sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: LETSAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Application Deadline 23rd September, 2022.