The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro falls in place as a more premium sibling to the standard Redmi Note 10 and also a successor to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro released last year. As a successor, it packs in an improved processor, a richer display, faster-charging speed, and more.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Key Specs and Features
- 6.67 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~395 PPI)
- Android 11; MIUI 12
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G (8 nm) Processor
- 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, Micro-SD Support
- 108MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras (64MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP in the Indian Market)
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- IP53, Dust and Splash Protection
- Fast Charging (33W Capacity)
- 5020 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro’s design is no different from the standard Note 10. However, making a comparison to the Note 9 Pro reveals a substantial contrast that sets both generation smartphones apart.
The difference in the design on both smartphones is majorly evident in the rear panel, with the camera module design being the chief of the discrepancy. The Redmi logo also changed orientation from being horizontal to being vertical on the right.
Enthusiats in the market for this device will have three colour options including Onyx Gray, Glacier Blue, and Gradient Bronze.
Moving up front, we have a 6.67-inch display based on an AMOLED panel, which is an upgrade of the IPS LCD panel on its predecessor. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2400, an approximate density of 395 PPI, an approximate 85.6% screen-to-body ratio, and a 120Hz refresh rate.
Away from aesthetics, we have gorilla glass 5 upfront on the display. Xiaomi also put in place provisions for dust and water protection under an IP53 rating.
Xiaomi is setting a new pace with a 108MP primary camera on the rear setup on the Redmi Note 10 Pro, which pairs with the likes of the Mi 10 Pro 5G. This 108MP comes in opposition to the 64MP primary camera on the Redmi Note 9 Pro. However, the models sold in India offers a 64 megapixels main camera.
The other cameras on the rear include an 8MP ultrawide camera with a 118˚ field of view and an aperture of f/2.2. We also have a 5MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. Video recording on this camera is capped at 4k @ 30fps.
Moving upfront, we have a single 16MP camera with an aperture of f/2.5. Video recording on this camera is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro takes things up a notch with its slightly more powerful processor the Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G processor with an 8nm processor, as opposed to the Snapdragon 720G processor on the Redmi 9 Pro.
The other performance facilitators include an Adreno 618 GPU, option for either 6GB / 8GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB of built-in storage and a non-removable 5020mAh Li-Po battery. Enthusiats will also be served with a 33W fast charge system.
On the software side, we have got the MIUI 12 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, dual-band Wifi Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro is capped at 4G LTE, this means you won’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro starts at around $279 for the 6GB / 64GB variant, which translates to about 106,299 Naira in Nigeria, 30,593 KSH in Kenya, and 1,602 GHC in Ghana.
Enthusiats who decide to go for the maxed out 6GB / 128GB variant will have to pay about $299, while the maxed out 8GB / 128GB variant will cost $329.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm SM7150 Snapdragon 732G (8 nm) (Octa-core 2×2.3 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB RAM
- Colours: Onyx Gray, Glacier Blue, Gradient Bronze
- Dimension: 164 x 76.5 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 193 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.67 inches Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 pixels, ~395 PPI density, ~85.6% screen-to-body ratio, 120Hz Refresh Rate,
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 108MP (Primary) f/1.9 (64MP in India) + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 118˚ FOV + 5MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.5, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Dedicated Slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes (Google Maps)
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5020mAh Li-ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Capacity