The Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra holds the title of the successor to the Mi 10 Ultra and also the most premium member of the Xiaomi Mi 11 series. As a successor, it features an improved performance system, which is majorly hinged on its Snapdragon 888 processor. In addition, we have a differentiable design.
Xiaomi Mi Ultra Key Specs & Features
- 6.81-inch, AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (515 PPI), 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Processor
- 8GB / 12GB RAM
- 256GB / 512GB Built-in Storage
- 50MP + 48MP + 48MP Triple Rear Camera
- 20MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display – Optical)
- 67W Wired Fast Charging
- 67W Fast Wireless Charging
- 10W Reverse wireless charging
- 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The latest emergence has left me far from being surprised about the Xiaomi Mi 11 ultra’s display. However, its big camera bump on the rear is impossible to go with discussing. As bizarre as it may sound, it’s actually the most conspicuous feature on this chassis design.
Xiaomi packed a lot into the rear camera module, which facilitated the biggest camera bump on a smartphone so far. The highlights of this camera bump include three cameras, an LED flash and a 1.1 inch OLED display that allows the person being captured to have a preview of what he or she looks like as an object being captured.
Also on the rear, is the Xiaomi and 5G branding which should tell you it’s a Xiaomi smartphone. The rear of this smartphone is made from ceramics.
Moving upfront, we have a 6.81 inches AMOLED display, which pretty much the same as seen on the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro. The highlights of this display include a resolution of 1080 x 2340 Pixels, a density of 515 PPI.
The Cameras on the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra seems to have been woven from the same fabric as its predecessor, however, it cut short one of the cameras, leaving us with a triple setup as opposed to the quad setup on its predecessor.
Onboard the rear camera setup is a 50MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0, an 8MP periscope telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom and a 13MP ultrawide camera, and a 128˚ field of view. Video record on this camera 8k @ 30fps.
Moving up front we have a 20MP with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera is capable of recording videos up to 1080p @ 60fps.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Mi 11 ultra-performance combo is more of an update than an upgrade of what we saw on the Mi 10 ultra.
Here we are served with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G processor with a 5nm process, as opposed to last year’s Snapdragon 865. Also onboard is the Adreno 660 GPU, 8GB / 12GB RAM options, 256GB / 512GB storage options and a non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po battery as opposed to the 4500mAh battery on its predecessor.
Enthusiasts will also be served with 67W fast wired charging which is small than the 120W on the Mi 10 Ultra. We also have 67W wireless charging and 10W reverse wireless charging.
On the software side, we have got the MIUI 12.5 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra features Bluetooth 5.2, dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC, and a USB Type-C port. Please note that the Xiaomi Mi 11 doesn’t feature a 3.5mm headphone jack. Private audio listening is done via type-c headphones or via wireless headphones.
Internet connectivity on the smartphone is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts can utilize 5G speed for downloads, uploads, and streaming.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra price starts at $914, which translates to about 348,234 Naira in Nigeria, 99,535 KSH in Kenya and 5,270 GHC in Ghana.
Enthusiasts who decide to purchase the 12GB/256GB model will have to pay approximately $990, while the 12GB/512GB model costs approximately $1,067. Enthusiasts that desire the top of the line 12GB / 512GB model with ceramics will have to pay approximately $1,415.
Launch day was on March 29th and the Xiaomi 11 pro is expected to e available for purchase as from April 2nd 2021. The color options includes Ceramic White, Ceramic Black.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm) (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: GB / 512GB
- Colours: Ceramic White, Ceramic Black
- Dimension: 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 208 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.81 inches AMOLED, 1440 x 3200 Pixels, ~91.4% screen-to-body ratio, ~515 PPI Density
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50MP (Primary) f/2.0 + 8MP (Periscope/Telephoto) 5x optical zoom + 13MP (Ultrawide)
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, OIS, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10+ rec
- Front Camera: 20MP Camera, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 256GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 42, 66
- 5G: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Tri-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes (67W Capacity)
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68)
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 67W Fast Charging Capacity