Valentine Ozigbo is a Nigerian entrepreneur, and President and Chief Executive Officer of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria PLC (or Transcorp).
Transcorp is a conglomerate (multi-industry company), with strategic investments and core interests in the hospitality, agribusiness and energy sectors.
We’d be seeing Valentine Ozigbo’s biography, date of birth, age, early life, family, parents, siblings, wife, children, education, businesses, career, books and publications, net worth, houses, cars, social media handles and everything else you’d love to know about him.
Don’t forget to drop us a comment and share to your friends at the end of the article.
Valentine Ozigbo Profile
Before we continue, here’s a quick run down on Valentine Ozigbo’s profile and a few things you’d love to know about him:
Full name: Valentine Chineto “Val” Ozigbo
Date of birth: 20th July, 1970
Place of birth:
Parents: Mr. Andrew Ozigbo (father) and Christiana Ozigbo (mother)
Spouse(s): Mary-Callista Ojiugo Ozigbo
Children: Mario Obioma Ugochukwu, Chimdi Angello, Mitchel Chima, Valerie Chioma
Residence: Lagos, Nigeria
Education: Christ the Redeemer College, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Lancaster University, United Kingdom
Occupation: CEO Transcorp Hotels PLC
Net worth: $1.2 Billion
Valentine Ozigbo Biography, Date Of Birth, Early Life, Family, And Education
Valentine Chineto “Val” Ozigbo was born on the 20th of July, 1970 to Mr. Andrew Ozigbo (a retired school headmaster) and Christiana Ozigbo (a small businesswoman). He had his early education Christ the Redeemer College, Amesi, Anambra State. While in school, he was an outstanding student, who represented his school in various quiz competitions.
After completing his secondary education, he picked up a teaching job (Physics and Chemistry) in his school while awaiting university admission.
He gained admission to study Accounting at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, and graduated in 1994 as the best student in both Accounting and Business Administration.
He obtained his MBA in Banking and Finance from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 2000, before proceeding to Lancaster University, United Kingdom for his MSc in finance. He also graduated with a distinction.
Valentine Ozigbo also obtained qualifications in accounting from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria in 1998, Taxation from The Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria in 2000 and Credit Administration from the Institute of Credit Administration which he bagged in 2015
Valentine Ozigbo has previously worked in the banking for over 17 years before becoming the CEO of Transcorp Hotels. He worked with Diamond Bank, Bank PHB, Continental Trust Bank, NAL Merchant Bank, Standard Trust Bank, FSB International Bank and United Bank for Africa.
As the chief executive officer (CEO) of Transcorp Hotels, Valentine Ozigbo oversaw the expansion of the hotel to other Nigerian cities. He was responsible for five new projects, including two hotels in Lagos and Port Harcourt, a 5000-capacity conference facility, luxury apartments and the upgrade of existing hotels with additional retail facilities. The developments reportedly cost $500 million.
Awards And Recognition
Valentine Ozigbo is a recipient of numerous awards, both personal and company awards including: • Faculty Prize for Best Final Year Student, Faculty of Business Administration 1992/93 (University of Nigeria) • Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) Prize to the Best Graduating Student in Accountancy (University of Nigeria)
• Departmental Prize for Best Final Year Student in the Department of Accountancy, 1992/93 session (University of Nigeria)
• Peter Ajose Alli-Idowu Prize to the Best All-Round Student in Accountancy, 1992/93 Session (Peter Ajose Alli-Idowu)
• State Patron-Ship (Hatman Hospitality and Tourism Management Association of Nigeria/2015)
• Service Excellence (Hospitality and Tourism Sector Excellence) (Institute for Service Excellence and Good Governance -Confers/2016)
• Seven Stars CEO of the Year (Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards/2016)
• Outstanding Leadership in Hospitality Operations and Management Awards (National Tourism Transport Summit and Expo Awards/2018)
• Tourism Personality of the year 2018 (Miss Tourism Nigeria/2018)
• Excellence in Hospitality Awards (Nigeria Bar Association/2018)
• Seven Stars Personality of the year (Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards/2019)
Valentine Ozigbo was, during a special convocation ceremony of the Lancaster University held in September, 2018, conferred the award of a Distinguished Alumni of the institution.
He has also participated in many international conferences including:
• Euromoney and Economist Conferences in London; Euromoney debates on Capital Flows to Africa in London; and SIBOS 2009
• The World Economic Forum at Davos (WEF) and the World Economic Forum on Africa (WEFA) in Nigeria; the African Development Bank annual meetings in China
• The World Bank/ International Monetary Fund (IMF) annual meetings in Washington DC
Valentine Ozigbo is married to Mary-Callista Ojiugo Ozigbo, and they have three sons (Mario Obioma Ugochukwu, Chimdi Angello and Mitchel Chima) and one daughter (Valerie Chioma) together.
Valentine Ozigbo Net Worth
Valentine Ozigbo is a real definition of a successful business executive, in January 2019, his journey as the Managing Director of Transcorp Hotel PLC came to an end positively, and he was elevated to the position of President/Chief Executive Officer of Transcorp PLC.
We’re however unable to estimate his net worth, and will update this article as soon as we get an information from a credible source.
Social Media Handles
You can connect with Valentine Ozigbo on:
Thanks for reading along, don’t forget to drop us a comment and share with your friends.