Question(s) for Reflection:
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
TODAY’S MESSAGE: SCRIPTURE UNION DAILY GUIDE 18TH MARCH 2021 TODAY
Qs. 2,5,7 The passage draws our attention to some vital issues for effective living: 1. Keep an eternal perspective on life (v.1) 2. Know the distinction between the things which are pleasing to God and those that will only bring ruin (vs.2-5) 3. Do not be carried away by the deceitfulness of sin and the scheming of the unregenerate mind (vs.6-10) 4. Our faith should be demonstrated by our actions and character (vs.11-12) 5.
What happens when you have a foolish son and a quarrelsome wife? There is no peace (v.13). Read v.14 and notice the contrast between material possessions and true marital blessing. What responsibility does this put on the Christian man and woman who are already married and those seeking marriage? We learn and acquire things from people but for those things which have eternal value, we must go to God.
He alone can supply them. When we seek after and possess those things which God graciously gives to us, then we are truly blessed. See also Prov. 18: 22. Our choices not only influence our lifestyle but often reflect the kind of people we are. We must therefore not allow our values to be determined by the standards of the world or those who scorn the Christian faith. Are you careful about those people and actions that greatly influence you?
• And so? Be wise and view life from eternal perspective.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
HYMN: OUR PROMISED HELP
1. Shall we walk along life’s journey,
Thro’ the shadows of the night,
On an arm of flesh relying,
Trusting only human might?
No, the promised help of Jesus
Shall sustain us day by day;
In the battle’s wild commotion,
Thro’ the fierceness of the fray.
2. Shall we see the loved and cherished
Passing from us by the way?
And the aching hearts so weary,
Find no solace day by day?
Yet, the promised help of Jesus
Shall sustain us even then;
Thro’ His grace, which crowned them victors,
We shall meet them all again.
3. Shall we walk ’mid gathering shadows,
When life’s evening draweth near?
Shall the darkness be unbroken,
Will no light for us appear?
Then the promised help of Jesus
As a light shall guide us o’er
To the pure celestial city,
Over on the other shore.
• Lord, help me to be blameless in character, and in my business and family life.
• Pray that the various efforts at communicating the gospel of Christ will yield immense results in the souls to be won.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Psalm 31:19
• Job 32-33; 1 Cor. 11:1-16
Thank you for reading TODAY’S SCRIPTURE UNION DAILY GUIDE 18TH MARCH 2021 TODAY – WISDOM FOR DAILY LIVING. God bless you!