The Samsung Galaxy M11 existed as one of the goto battery performance champs, however, it wasn’t really a goto phone for speedy tasks. The Samsung Galaxy M12 is a provision to offer a blend of a good battery capacity, along-side a performance hardware that lets enthusiasts run tasks quicker.
Samsung Galaxy M12 Key Specs & Features
- 6.4 inches PLS TFT Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels (~270 PPI)
- Android 11; One UI 3.0
- Octa-core Exynos 850 (8 nm)
- 3GB / 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, Supports SD-Card
- 48MP + 5MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Network
- Fingerprint (Side-mounted)
- Non-removable 6000 mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
To a large extent, cheap Android smartphones basically do not feature really catching designs, it’s more of sticking to what works, than trying to step out of the norm or dine with the top players.
The Samsung Galaxy M12’s design doesn’t really shake tables or crush headlines, but it’s sort of an improvement over the design of its predecessor. It’s more appreciable to eyes, in my opinion, tending towards being more modern.
The rear covering has a bunch of lines running from the top to the bottom in a pattered manner. As you would expect from a device of this nature, the rear covering is built from plastic.
What’s more, the rear setup features a square camera module featuring four cameras. Below the camera is an LED flash. You will also find the OEM branding on the rear, indicating it’s a Samsung smartphone.
Moving upfront, we have a 6.5-inch PLS TFT display, with a resolution of 720 x 1600, a density of approximately 270 PPI. This display is home to a drop notch bearing its front-facing camera.
The camera upgrade the Samsung Galaxy M12 has over the Galaxy M11 lies in the primary camera on the rear. Instead of having a 13MP primary camera as see on the M11, we have a 48MP camera.
The other members of the rear camera department include a 5MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.4, a 123˚ field of view. We also have a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This camera is capable of shooting videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Upfront, we have a single 8MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera is also capable of shooting videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, we have the Exynos 850 championing performance. we also have a Mali-G52 GPU, 3GB / 4GB/ 6GB RAM options, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB storage options and a non-removable 6000mAh battery. My only complaint here is that enthusiasts will have to deal with 15W charging, which is pretty much incapacitated for a 6000mAh battery.
Comparing this specs combo to that of the Galaxy M11 shows enthusiats have been provided with a more capable smartphone in the M series, one that makes having a large battery more enjoyable.
On the software side, we have a One U1 3.0 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy M12 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi. Internet connectivity on here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiats won’t have access to 5G connectivity.
Samsung Galaxy M12 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy M12 price is expected at around 10,499 INR in India.
The Samsung Galaxy 12 was announced on February 5th, 2021, and is expected to go on sale later in February.
Samsung Galaxy M12 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Gionee M12:
- Platform: Android 11, One UI 3.0
- Processor: Octa-core Exynos 850 (8nm) (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Memory: 3GB / 4GB / 6GB RAM
- Colours: Gray, Blue, Green
- Dimension: 164 x 75.9 x 9.7 mm
- Weight: 221 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inch PLS IPS, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 PPI)
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/2.0 + 5MP (Ultrawide) 123˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR, PDAF, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.2, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 A2DP
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes(Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 6000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –
Buy Cheap MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, Airtel Data VTU Services, Check out the best offers for you Today