ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Management Officer (Differentiated Service Delivery)
Job No.: 495195
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Categories: Program Management/Implementation/Support
Reports To (Title): Head, HIV Care and Treatment, NASCP
Incumbent: N / A
- The Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) Project Management Officer will work under the Head of HIV Care and Treatment at the National AIDS and Sexually transmitted Infection Control Program (NASCP) to support the scale-up of differentiated service delivery (DSD) for HIV in Nigeria.
- Project management responsibilities include coordinating and documenting DSD activities, supporting development and review of DSD policies, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of DSD activities, and ensuring the completion of DSD-related projects on time within budget and within scope.
- The DSD Project Management Officer will assist the Head of HIV Care and Treatment to oversee all aspects of the national DSD program activities and will coordinate and engage stakeholders,set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize project progress and prepare reports for NASCP care and treatment head and coordinator regarding status of DSD.
- The successful candidate will work directly with the NASCP care and treatment team and relevant stakeholders to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
- He or she will coordinate with other departments, especially M&E and TB, to ensure all aspects of the national DSD program are harmonized.The successful candidate will also support the country’s engagement with the ICAP-led HIV Coverage, Quality and Impact Network (CQUIN), ensuring timely response to requests and participation in CQUIN related activities.
- The DSD Project Management Officer will be responsible for coordinating, supporting and documenting DSD activities within NASCP. Major accountabilities will include:
- Coordinate internal resources, stakeholder management, meetings, and schedules, for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with MoHS partners and all stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Spearhead DSD-related Knowledge Management for NASCP, including:
- Maintain electronic files/resources related to DSD, including national DSD-related policies, guidelines, M&E indicators, training curricula and case studies
- Regularly review published and “grey” literature on DSD
- Liaise with countries in the CQUIN network (and elsewhere) to stay abreast of policies, training resources, case studies, and best practices
- Document case studies, best practices and lessons learned in Nigeria
- Participate in the CQUIN DSD Coordinators Community of Practice
- As needed, support CQUIN’s south-to-south knowledge exchange
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
Experience, Skills & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or 3-5 years of experience
- Master’s Degree in Project Management, Management or MBA
- Proven working experience in project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification
- Project Manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2021.