The OnePlus 9 Pro is the second series of the OnePlus 9 smartphones. The android phone arrives with a more premium body design that is equipped with an IP68 rating and also has four rear cameras set-up.
The camera and specifications are the same as the standard model. Below is the OnePlus 9 Pro specification and price.
OnePlus 9 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.7 inches LTPO Fluid2 AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3216 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~525 ppi)
- Android 11, OxygenOS 11
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- 8GB, 12GB RAM
- 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 50 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (under display, optical)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- IP68 Dust & Water Resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Fast Charging 65W
- Fast Wireless Charging 50W
- USB Power Delivery
- Non-Removable Li-Po 4500 mAh Battery
Design And Display
To be fair in my judgment, the OnePlus 9 Pro is redefined. The company adopted a new design for this elegant device. Instead of the vertical cameras available on the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 8 series, it has a left-positioned camera array which is similar to what we have on the OnePlus 8T.
The camera is showcasing the Hasselblad logo which is proof of OnePlus’ partnership with the camera company. Turning to the front side, the handset maintains a curved display covered on both sides with an aluminum frame on the mix.
The OnePlus 9 Pro body shade is available in Pine Green, Morning Mist, and Stellar Black which has a Sandstone-like appearance. It also has an IP68 rating making it the only one among the trio with a water and dust resistant body.
The smartphone is blessed with an impressive screen display size of 6.7-inch and as you can see, this is bigger than the latter. The display feature a QHD+ LTPO panel called Fluid Display 2.0 with a 120Hz refresh rate. It supports HDR10+ which lets you stream HDR content from supported platforms like Netflix.
Since OnePlus partnered with Hasselblad, users will be getting the best camera performance ever. As expected, the main snapper is a 48 MP lens coming with custom Soy IMX789, an f/1.8 aperture and OIS, Digital Overlap HDR (DOL-HDR), 2×2 on-chip lens (OCL), and dual ISO.
The camera is capable of shooting 12-bit RAW images which will take more colors than a regular camera. The video quality reaches 8K at 30fps and 4K at 120fps. Additionally is a Sony IMX766 ultrawide sensor and it has a freeform lens that removes the distortion at the edges of ultrawide angle photos.
It can also record 4CM macro photos. Instead of a periscope, OnePlus settles for an 8 MP telephoto lens that brings 3.3x optical zoom and up to 30x digital zoom. Lastly is a 2MP monochrome camera working with the main sensor to give White and Black photos.
Apart from that, the smartphone has a bunch of camera features. For example, it has a Hasselblad Pro mode that brings a similar interface as a Hasselblad camera. It has a Nightscape video mode that lets users shoot bright and clearer videos in low light. The device has a 16 MP front snapper present on the OnePlus 9.
Hardware And Software
The OnePlus 9 Pro is powered by Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 chipset with 5nm process technology which is faster than its previous one. The handset has an octa-core processor clocking at a maximum speed of 2.84 GHz with Adreno 660 GPU graphics card.
It runs on the latest OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 OS and it’s set to get both Android 12 and Android 13 update in the coming years.
The smartphone comes in two storage variants but lacks support for a micro SD card. It has 128GB with 8GB RAM and 256GB with 12GB RAM.
Battery And Network
The battery keeping the phone on is a 4500 mAh capacity. It supports Warp Charge 65T, a faster and upgraded version of Warp Charge 65 that was released alongside the OnePlus 8T last year.
It also has support for 50W wireless charging called Warp Charge 50 Wireless which is faster than the 15W wireless charging on the standard model.
The handset has dual SIM support with a 5G network for fast downloads. Other features include stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos, Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 6, and an on-screen integrated fingerprint scanner.
OnePlus 9 Pro Price And Availability
OnePlus 9 Pro price starts at around $1,069 which converts to 450,000 Naira in Nigeria, around 6,300 GHS in Ghana, and 123,000 Ksh in Kenya.
OnePlus 9 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the OnePlus 9 Pro:
- Platform: Android 11, OxygenOS 11
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm), Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 8GB RAM, 12GB RAM
- Colours: Morning Mist, Forest Green, Stellar Black
- Dimension: 163.2 x 73.6 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 197 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.7 inches LTPO Fluid2 AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3216 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~525 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 23mm (wide), 1/1.43″, 1.12µm, omnidirectional PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.4, 77mm (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 3.3x optical zoom + 50 MP, f/2.2, 14mm (ultrawide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm + 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth) Quad Cameras, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, Auto HDR, gyro-EIS
- Rear Camera Features: Hasselblad Color Calibration, dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 16 MP Camera, f/2.4, (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0µm, Auto-HDR, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 32, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66 – EU
- 5G: Yes, 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, SBAS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Fast charging 65W, 1-100% in 29 min (advertised)