Nkiruka ‘Kiki’ Omeili better-known as Kiki Omeili is a well known Nigerian Nollywood actress, entertainer, television personality, entrepreneur, presenter, and movie director.
In this post, I will share with you all you need to know about Kiki Omeili; one of your favorite Nigreria celebrities.
Starting from her biography to her early life then her early career, movies, and awards.
Scroll a bit and then a little more because Naija Biography is here as always to feed you from her wealth of knowledge. Keep scrolling.
Kiki Omeili Early Life
No doubt Kiki’s childhood won’t be that boring and unadventurous. While her mother, Maureen was the Controller of Prisons in Ibadan, Oyo State, her father Charles was a banker with First Bank Nigeria and retired as a General Manager.
Although Kiki was born and raised in Lagos, she is originally a native of Nimo, Anambra State, Nigeria. Anambra State is a State in the South-Eastern part of Nigeria.
Kiki had her primary and secondary education in Lagos as she was raised therein. Later, she studied and bagged a Medical Degree from the College of Medicine, University of Lagos.
Kiki Omeili didn’t just start acting today, she started acting while younger. In her secondary school years, Kiki performed in drama and stage plays.
She rose to prominence not too long after joining the Nigerian movie industry better-known as Nollywood.
Since she joined the movie industry, Kiki Omeili has featured in over 100 movies. Also, she has featured in multiple TV series and shows. These among others include;
- Blame It on Me
- What Lies Within
- This Thing Called Marriage
- What Makes You Tick
- Low lives and High Hopes
- Dance 234
- Lekki Wives
- Friends and Lovers
- NESREA Watch
- The Valley Between
Kiki Omeili Awards
Kiki Omeili has won many hearts and awards since she started acting. These are some of her awards, recognitions, and nominations;
- Nominated for Best Lead Actress in a Short Film at the Berlin Film Fest International Awards for her role in the film, Deluded (2016)
- ‘The Sun’ as one of Nollywood’s fastest rising stars earlier in 2014
- Best Supporting Actress Award at the World Music and Independent Film Festival. This award was held in the Caribbean Islands for her role in the movie 3Some
- Best Supporting Actress of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards in Lagos, Nigeria (2016)
- Best Actress at the Realtime film festival
- Nominated for her lead role in the Television series Lekki Wives
- Award for the Best Supporting Actress for her role in the Movie – Sting, at the Global Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA), held in the USA (2015)
- Festival Ambassador at the 2017 Realtime film festival in recognition of her contribution to the Nigerian film industry
- Best Actress (Supporting Role in an English language film)’ at the 17th African Film Awards (formerly known as the Afro Hollywood Awards) in London (2012)