United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Immunization Supply Chain Design Intern
Job no: 555947
Contract type: Internship
Categories: Supply Management
How Can You Make A Difference?
As a supply chain design expert, and as part of the Technical Review Team in Abuja, the intern will provide technical reviews and endorsements of third-party deliverables, contribute to discussions, and provide recommendations for improving the outputs of the 3-HUB project artifacts:
- Network Design Optimization Analysis and Recommendations
- Operationalization Scenarios for Outfitting the HUBs
- Detailed Cost Estimates for Implementation
- Implementation Roadmap
Organization of the Internship
- Within the scope of the internship, the specific tasks during the assignment may be slightly adapted, based on the capacities, skills, expertise and motivation of the intern.
- The intern will work closely with the Immunization Specialist and Procurement Services Manager in UNICEF Nigeria who will serve as the main focal points.
- The intern is expected to have a computer, internet connection and the basic set of software (Word, Excel, Power Point). UNICEF Nigeria will not provide any equipment nor software licenses for the purpose of this internship.
- The intern will work full-time with the UNICEF Nigeria office in Abuja, Nigeria, and will be governed by and subject to UNICEF’s General Terms and Conditions for interns.
- The intern will respect the confidentiality of information that they collect or are exposed to at UNICEF. No reports or papers may be published based on information obtained from UNICEF without the explicit written authorization by the Head of Office.
- The UNICEF internship programme is not connected with employment and there is no expectancy of such. Interns cannot apply for posts advertised internally to UNICEF staff during the period of internship.
Eligibility Requirements for Internship with UNICEF
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Have no immediate relatives (e.g., father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office, and have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to.
- Be enrolled in a graduate or Ph.D programme in Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, or Logistics, or have graduated within the past two years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain bottleneck analysis, optimization, warehouse operations, and measuring supply chain performance.
- Developing country work experience is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with global health supply chains is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Academic or professional experience in supply chain optimization, warehousing, or distribution operations strategies.
Conditions of Service:
- Duration: Full-time for 6 months.
- Location: Selected intern will be office-based.
- Stipend: In accordance to UNICEF’s guidelines, selected intern will be provided a monthly stipend to cover the duration of the candidate’s internship. There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship.
- Insurance: Intern must have appropriate medical and accident coverage for the given duty station and provide a proof of such insurance to HR along with other required documents prior to commencement of the internship.
- Mandatory Courses: Selected interns will be requested to complete online mandatory courses prior to commencement of the internship.
- Equipment: UNICEF will not provide IT equipment, nor will cover internet connectivity costs. The interns are expected to use their own equipment and have access to internet.
- Leave: Interns may take up to 2.5 days per month off work for any reason, including for medical reasons. The stipend will be reduced for any absence beyond this quota. The quota is cumulative over the duration of the internship, but there will be no compensation or carry-over to another appointment for unused leave days at the end of the internship.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th October, 2022 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).