CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation for people with disabilities. For more than 100 years, it has been fighting based on Christian values in the world’s poorest regions to improve the quality of life of people who have a disability. It is committed to preventing disabilities. CBM’s aim is to break the cycle of poverty and disability in developing countries and to create a world in which people with disabilities have the same opportunities and rights as all others.
To reinforce our Humanitarian Programme functions, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Response Programme Officer (GFFO)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full-time
Work Schedule: 40 hour / week.
These are your Responsibilities
- Detailed programme planning with implementing partners and other key stakeholders;
- Strong advocacy and collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including the government;
- Provide technical and capacity building support to partners in ensuring effective, timely and accountable programming;
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to monitor the implementation of activities, gather feedback from stakeholders and submit detailed report about the findings;
- Facilitate joint meetings and activities among partners
- Breakdown of complex activities into tasks
- Updates on risk assessment (and risk management), regular updating of all plans
- Actively contribute to concept papers, proposal writing and partner identification
- Make recommendations and corrective measures
- Scheduling of evaluation, including ToR’s development, consultant selection, evaluation coordination and integration/use of recommendations in decision-making
- Contribute to the development of program tools and knowledge products
- Maintenance of project database for easier reference and reporting
- Review monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual report of partners
- Reporting, monitoring and knowledge management
- Monitor plan design and implementation
- Provide support for analysis of routine service performance data and assist in following up on the implementation of recommendations.
- Support the archiving of lessons learned, success stories and best practices.
- Development of detailed multi-year plans,deliverables and milestones planning
These are Your Qualifications
- University Degree / HND in Psychology, Law, Sociology, Development or other related Social Sciences field is required; Master’s Degree will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of three (3) years specific professional experience working in complex and challenging field operational contexts;
- Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint) and good report writing skills.
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be proactive, seeking to do things differently, and to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Able to work independently, and as a member of a team.
- Reflects CBM values in daily work.
- Identification with the Christian values and mandate of CBM.
- Prior experience with international development organizations, particularly with transition programming, and/or programs that have both national and community-level engagement;
- Fluency in oral and written communication skills; particularly in English language is a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling and coordinating multiple/conflicting priorities and deadlines.
What We Offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse and collegial team and great team spirit.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th October, 2022.
Note: This position is only filled locally. With contractual conditions of the respective country. An expatriation is not intended