The Umidigi Bison X10 falls in as a less premium variant to the Bison 2021, which was released earlier in 2021. The highlights of the drawbacks in purchasing this device over its earlier released siblings include lesser RAM, a less capable camera system, and more.
UmiDigi Bison X10 Key Specs & Features
- 6.53-inch Incell Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 20:9 Aspect Ratio
- Android 11
- 4GB RAM
- Helio P60 Octa-Core Processor
- 64GB Built-in Storage, Supports SD-Card up to 256GB
- 20MP + 8MP + 5MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Infrared Thermometer 3.0
- IP68 / IP69k Water / Dust Resistance
- Non-Removable 6150 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Umidigi Bison X10 may be less powerful when compared to the Umidigi Bison, however, this fact doesn’t terminate its chances of having a more appreciable design.
As a matter of fact, the X10 looks more refined, its design happens to be more premium looking, at least to my eyes. It’s legit one of the better-looking rugged smartphones.
On the rear, you will find an AG Matte fiberglass finish, which is void of the ridges on the Bison 2021.
What’s more, you will also find a square camera module with three cameras and an LED flash, together with the “Bison X, design by Umidigi” branding, which indicates its an Umidigi phone.
Moving to the front panel, we find a 6.53-inch 720p display, which is slightly bigger than the 6.3-inch 1080p display on the Bison 2021.
Having a more appreciable designer, doesn’t actually diminish the Bison X10 ability towards being a rugged Android smartphone, as it so happens that we have identical body toughness parameter coming from the Bison 2021.
Here we have IP68 rating for water and dust resistance, with claims from Umidigi that it can survive in about 1.5m of water for 30 minutes and can withstand damage dust, dirt and sand. Thanks to the rubber re-enforced edges and tough chassis in general, the Bison X10 is also rated to survive a falls from a height of 1.8m
Moving on, we also have an IP69K rating which dictates that the Bison X10 can resist high water pressure of 100 bar, steam water test and high temperature water of 80 ℃.
What’s more, thanks to its rubber re-enforced edges, we have a support for drop resistance from a height up to 1.8m meters. Summing everything together leaves us with a an MIL-STD 810G military rating, showing it can withstand tough terrains.
Coming from the Bison 2021, will show a reduction in the pixels on the cameras on the Bison X10.
Here we have a 20MP pixel primary camera as opposed to the 48MP on the former. We have an 8MP ultrawide camera as opposed to the 16MP ultrawide camera on the former. However, both ultrawide cameras have a 120° field of view and lastly, we have a 5MP depth camera on the rear which is the same as on the former.
Summing up the rear cameras shows we have a triple setup, as opposed to the quad-setup on the Bison 2021. Which is due to the absence of the macro camera.
Moving upfront, we have an 8MP selfie camera on the UMiDigi Bison X10 as in lieu of the 20MP selfie camera on the Bison 2021.
Hardware and Software
Both the UMiDigi Bison X10 and the Bison 2021 share feature the MediaTek Helio P60 processor, however, they aren’t all equal as far as the other performance facilitators go.
Onboard, we have 4GB RAM in lieu of the 8GB RAM on the formerly released and a 64GB UFS 2.1 storage as opposed to 128GB UFS 2.1 storage. However, we have a 6150mAh battery which is bigger than the 5000mAh battery on the Bison 2021.
On the software side, UMiDigi is offering a stock Android user interface which runs on the Android 11 operating system.
The Umidigi Bison X10 features a USB type-c port, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC support, and WiFi connectivity.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t have access to 5G speed on this device.
Umidigi Bison X10 Price and Availability
Umidigi Bison X10 price starts at around $129 at leading online stores like AliExpress. The Bison X10 should cost 75,000 Naira in Nigeria, 23,984 KSH in Kenya, and 1,313 GHC in Ghana.
The Umidigi Bison X10 can be purchased from Ali-Express, as well as other leading online retail stores.
Umidigi Bison X10 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi Bison X10:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: MediaTek, Helio P60 (Octa-core 4xCortex-A73 & 4xCortex-A53, up to 1.8GHz)
- GPU: ARM Mali G72 MP3, up to 800MHz
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Storm Gray, Supersonic Yellow, Hack Black
- Dimension: 169.7mm x 82.1mm x 12.9mm
- Weight: 282g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SM
- Display: 6.53-inch, Incell, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, 720 x 1600 AG Matte Glass Finish
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 20MP (Primary) + 8MP (Ultrawide) 120° FOV + 5MP (Macro) 3cm Macro Distance
- Rear Camera Features: 1080p, 720p, 480p video recording, 30fps, Ultra wide-angle mode, Steady handheld night photography, Macro mode, Portrait mode, Panorama mode, HDR, AI Beautify, Ultra-wide angle edge distortion correction, Dual LED flash, Face recognition, Real-time filters
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.2, AI Beautify, Face Recognition, Selfie Countdown
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Up to 256GB)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2 /B3 /B5 /B8
- 2G CDMA 1X: 1/X(BC0/BC1)
- 3G WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/6/8/19/(B34/39)/(BC0/BC1)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B / 34 /38 /39 /40 /41 /66
- 5G: –
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: –
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 6150mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 10W Capacity