Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- We are looking to engage a competent and experienced Procurement officer who will handle local and international purchasing.
- He or She will play a pivotal role in securing high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for the business by following procurement procedures and maintaining an updated list of current and incoming stock.
- We require a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Work with the Procurement team to deliver a strategically focused, professional and efficient procurement service, providing expert advice, support and guidance to stakeholders within the business, using best practices in procurement and supply chain management principles.
- Act as the procurement primary point of contact, partnering senior managers within assigned business areas – ensuring they receive effective strategic procurement support and proactive advice, spanning the full lifecycle of all procurement activity.
- Provide advice to contract owners to support the resolution of issues and any post-contract disputes, working collaboratively and seeking appropriate legal guidance where required.
- Working with the Procurement Manager to deliver the Corporate Procurement Strategy, adopting a robust but proportionate approach to sourcing and contract management to ensure contract visibility but also facilitate improvements in relationship management and communication.
- Lead on commercial activities in the procurement of high risk/high value contracts within the assigned business area – from end-to-end market engagement, supplier due-diligence, tender, contract negotiation and award.
Managing Systems, Processes and Data
- Support the wider Procurement guidance to all internal stakeholders on best practice procurement principles, contract management, e-Procurement and Purchase to Pay systems in a format appropriate for the audiences.
- Feed into the development and maintenance of procurement information, guidelines, templates and tools and other useful information to be used.
- Provide high level systems support to stakeholders for all procurement systems.
- Conduct appropriate supplier due diligence to identify supply chain risk and provide support and guidance to stakeholders on appropriate supplier evaluation and risk mitigation methods.
- Produce regular reports on supplier/contract performance against agreed measures, which both monitor progress and enable effective decision-making.
Learning, Evaluating and Improving:
- Participating in, contributing to and supporting continuous improvement activities by adapting to the changing systems within the Procurement team, the Planning & Operations within the organization.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Supply Chain Management, Sciences, Accounting, Business Administration, Engineering or relevant discipline
- Experience: Must have 3-5 years’ experience in supply chain management particularly with importation of highly valued assets
- Language Proficiency: English (with good communication skills and accurate reporting skills)
- Proactive self-starter and pays attention to details.
- Highly organised and able to plan, think critically, pre-empt and communicate
- Manage multiple stakeholders in a dynamic environment
- Self-starter with enthusiasm for a fast-paced, high-performing start-up work environment
- Attention to detail and strong oral and written communication skills
Competency and Skills Requirement:
- Computer savvy with a knowledge of working with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Office and PowerPoint in particular)
- Must demonstrate discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills in discussions relating to finance, budget and cost.
- Must be able to manage time, prioritize tasks and work under pressure.
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills required
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment.
Salary and Benefits
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- We are an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply