Mobile Foundation for Health Security and Rehabilitation Nigeria (MHSR) is a YOUTH -led initiative that focuses on Mobile Health Services, Sexual Health Education, Mobile HIV /STI Screening, Human Right and Advocacy, Capacity Building, Mental Health, Research and Documentation, Establishment of support groups and rehabilitation of Key Population through housing initiative for community that are most at risk to infection and diseases especially the Adolescents. MHSR is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization dedicated to giving mobile health services, doing research, training, and advocacy for vulnerable groups especially Key Populations to improve their health and build their capacity for a better standard of living. MHSR was founded on March 1st, 2014 and aims to reach Key Populations with quality HIV holistic services through collaborations with partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HTS Counsellor / Tester
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Slot: 15 Openings
- HTS Counselor Testers will be responsible for providing HIV Testing Services to patients and clients seeking services at the community and OSS using provider-initiated testing and counselling (PITC), voluntary counselling and testing (VCT), Safe and Ethical Index Testing, HIV Self Testing, and other novel HTS approaches.
- Will be responsible for working closely with other service providers to ensure that the quality of HTS services is sustained as defined by the HTS National standards.
- The HTS Counselor Tester will also be responsible in providing the holistic Prevention Package interventions such as Pre- Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), Condoms, Lubricants, STI/ TB Screening and referral for further syndromic management, Behavioural Interventions, Post- Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP), Accompanied referral for all identified GBV cases and other linkage services through HIV Testing Services (HTS).
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Create awareness and provide education about the existence of HIV testing services
- Support in the identification of New Key Population Hotspot
- Lead in the mobilization of clients for HTS
- Document and maintain accurate HTS records including referrals and report on referral outcomes
- Compile and submit HTS reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the supervisor
- Timely requests for all the necessary consumables for undertaking HTS activities
- Ensure HTS optimization in the community and 100% linkage to ART Services
- 100% offer rate of safe and ethical index testing Services
- Provide Information Education Communication services to Key Population
- Provide pre/post-test HIV counselling ensuring that clients understand risk factors, prevention methods and other relevant issues
- Screen all Key Population for STI, TB and refer for further management.
- Provide confidential HIV testing to clients, as per national HTS guidelines
- Provide on-going counselling and make relevant referrals for on-going support
- Always ensure quality of HTS services
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
- Direct Supervisor: Program Officer
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of College School Degree (WAEC, NECO), BSc in any relevant Health related or Social Sciences field with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in implementing targeted community HIV Testing Services for Key Population.
- Excellent written, listening and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
- Excellent use of android application and computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and other Nigerian languages.
- Ability to conceptualize and understand program needs.
- Previous or current experience with Key Population programming
- Certificate in HTS accredited by SACA, NASCP, or NACA.
- Conducted and Passed Proficiency Tests
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one PDF to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail using your PERSONAL email address.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the Job Title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- MHSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: MHSRdoes not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Application Deadline 27th August, 2022.