Julius Berger Nigeria Plc is one of the largest private employers in Nigeria with a workforce numbering around 14,000 and enjoys an excellent reputation as a reliable partner. It is the parent company of Julius Berger International GmbH based in Wiesbaden. Core skills in Nigeria comprise every phase of a project from planning and construction to the operation and maintenance of construction, infrastructure and industry buildings.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Controller (M / F / X)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Slot: 2 Openings
About the Job
- Would you like to achieve our joint targets in a highly motivated and committed team? Then we are looking to recruit you as a full-time Technical Controller (M / F / X) for the major “Abuja Kano Road” Project in Nigeria.
- A four-lane motorway between the capital city of Abuja and the northern metropolis of Kano, measuring around 380 kilometres in length is to be refurbished with large sections being newly constructed.
- The project also comprises almost 700 drainage and around 50 bridge structures, which must be strengthened and included in the overall concept. Our experts will be taking a genuine innovation to Nigerian road building in the form of the cold bitumen mixing process as this sustainable method protects resources and significantly reduces emissions.
What duties will you have?
- Report to and support the Head of Controlling and the project management team
- Prepare and update the calculation
- Prepare work reports, analyses (weight and cost analysis) and forecasts
- Desired/actual comparisons
- Act as contact for continuous risk analysis and risk reduction (non-conformities and complaints)
- Act as interface for those involved in the process
- Independent preparation, organisation and evaluation of field studies for process improvement
- Preparation and assignment of work and services to subcontractors
- Cross checking on site and the preparation of comparisons of actual and desired volumes and costs
- Check and support the material control team
- Prepare status meetings and quarterly steering meetings
- Prepare monthly work reports and volume controls
What skills must you have?
- Degree in Building Engineering (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, Diploma or equivalent qualification from a polytechnic or technical university) or industrial engineering.
- Experience with handling databases
- Good English skills (written and oral)
- Teamwork, flexibility
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a similar position (ideally with overseas experience)
- Very good RIB iTWO, MS Office and SAP skills
What can we offer you?
- We have a responsible job waiting for you with very good remuneration and various bonuses, social benefits and low tax burden as well as good training opportunities.
- You will receive an extensive travel package from us. This also includes G35 examinations, inoculations, visas and flights.
- We will provide you with furnished, air-conditioned accommodation in the company’s own camp, which has an infrastructure including sport and leisure facilities, a clubhouse, German and international television programmes, etc.
- We work with external partners to ensure that you have the best possible security in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply