Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Monitoring Evaluation & Learning – Nigeria
Job Code: 7378
Location: Abuja (with travel to program offices in Nigeria and work locations)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Strategic Communications & Knowledge Management
- The Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Manager will be responsible for setting up an Monitoring & Evaluation framework for tracking project outcomes and impact across the DAI portfolio in Nigeria.
- He/She will assess the logrframe/results framework of projects and design an integrated framework that enables DAI collect and analyze information on outcomes and emerging impact.
- The Manager will collaborate with and motivate the MEL project teams and short-term technical assistance relating to evaluation and learning.
- She/he will also be responsible for conducting high quality research, and technical writing deliverables.
- He/She will be part of a multidisciplinary team that produces high impact deliverables such as online resource databases, information dashboards, websites, research, case studies, discourse events, learning sessions, newsletters, and other media products that are relevant for employees, project teams, and clients.
- This role will strengthen the ability of DAI to tell the story of change and impact that demonstrates its contribution to the development priorities of Nigeria and global development.
- This will involve working closely with the MEL advisors on DA projects which have diverse M&E systems and requirements as well as working closely with corporate unit heads to collect corporate workplan and financial performance data for analysis.
- He/she will lead on the design of a corporate MEL framework and provide regular updates to senior management including routine reporting on high level performance of the Nigeria portfolio – corporate and programmatic.
- This is critical to our ability to win future bids and improve the programme delivery of the bids we win.
- Provide leadership support to all MEL activities and put in place the foundation of a robust MEL team.
- Coordinate and facilitate MEL system strengthening processes and implementation of data collection, analysis, reporting and data quality improvement for strategic communication
- Gather evidence – corporate and programmatic – to demonstrate outcomes & impact from projects against DAI strategic themes
- Design and maintenance of performance dashboards, and reporting tools
- Ensure databases are efficient and effective for organization-wide knowledge management, information dissemination and use
- Contribute to proposal development by participating in incubators and designing MEL strategies
- Conduct MEL capacity development support and keep up to date with latest thinking on evaluation and impact measurement
- Undertake billable project work in proven areas of expertise
- Conceptualize and coordinate research activities and evaluations: interviews & focus groups with beneficiaries, clients and project staff
- Arrange, code and thematically analyze qualitative evidence collected
- Generate reports evidencing the impact of DAI projects across 6 main themes: governance, climate, digital acceleration, economic growth, health and financial advisory.
- Contribute to internal reporting such as monthly reports, monthly newsletters, and annual reports for dissemination to audiences within and outside the company.
- Any other duties as specified by line manager.
Qualifications and Person Specifications
- A Master’s Degree in a Science course such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or related field. An advanced certificate in M&E, or Statistics is an advantage.
- At least 6 years of experience with expertise research, project impact evaluation, and data analysis – quantitative and qualitative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and must possess the ability to deliver technically rigorous documents.
- A curious, creative & collaborative mindset, attention to detail, problem-solving attitude, an ability to work under pressure, adhere to tight deadlines & deliver high-quality work.
- Professionalism, cross-cultural competence, comfortable engaging in a global firm, a proven ability to work across multiple business functions and proficient at managing stakeholders.
- Strong facilitation and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Proven success in designing & implementing project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply