The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our logistics team in the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Identification Number: 7717
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration of contract: Till 31st December 2022 (Renewable)
Reporting line: Logistics Team Leader, Maiduguri
Supervision of: Procurement Assistants
Grade: 5 in NRC’s grading structure
- We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
- The purpose of the Procurement Officer position is to establish and implement NRC’s day-to-day procurement functions, systems, and procedures.
- To be successful in this role you will be a Procurement professional with good negotiation skills, a confident communicator with excellent relationship-building skills, and capable of establishing strong relationships with stakeholders and vendors at all levels while supporting new initiatives and learning projects across the area.
- If you are a highly organized individual, comfortable with working in a remote environment, and have previous experience in Procurement, we would love to hear from you.
- Ensure that all procurements and done in accordance with NRC logistics policies, procedures, and donor guidelines
- Conduct market surveys and assessments and maintain a vendor database system
- Participate in the identification of suitable and reliable suppliers and service providers and ensure that NRC’s interest is protected in relation to pricing, quality, and timely delivery.
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQs), Invitation to Tender Bids (ITBs), and other procurement-related documents
- Follow up with supplies and organize for delivery of materials
- Ensure that the procurement tracker is updated on regular basis and submitted on time to all departments
- Submit invoices from suppliers and the relevant procurement documents to finance as per the procurement checklist
- Train and supervise the procurement assistants
- Prepare documentation for bids committee meetings and ensure bid committee minutes are properly recorded and are signed by bid committee members
- Prepare Local Purchase Orders and draft contracts as required and ensure that they are approved by the budget holders
We are looking for:
- Proven record of accomplishment of professional experience in procurement in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good negotiation skills
- Highly organized, capable of managing multiple priorities successfully
- Experience in working within a team, meeting workload requirements, and being as effective through delivery as possible.
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken – in English required.
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required
- Fluency in English, both written & verbal, and other local languages is an added advantage.
- Confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders and vendors at all levels, and challenge with humility when necessary
- Intuitive and empathetic, able to relate to others, and build report
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th October, 2022 (12:00 AM).