Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager, Disability Inclusive Development Programme
Contract Type: 2 years Fixed Term Contract
Purpose of Role
- We are looking for a motivated and highly skilled Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) professional to join their dynamic, global MEL Team as their DID Programme MEL Manager.
- The post-holder will act as the MEL technical lead and manager of DID Programme projects.
- The DID programme is a consortium programme that aims to improve the long-term well-being and inclusion of people with disabilities.
- It commenced in 2018 and is expected to conclude in July 2024. Sightsavers leads the consortium in implementing five health and education projects in Nigeria, Kenya and Bangladesh.
About the Role
- The post-holder will develop and implement DID’s adaptive management approach that guides its oversight and reporting, and further develop participatory and inclusive MEL practices.
- Working collaboratively with key MEL team members, the post-holder will develop and test MEL tools and practices with the intention of cascading these tools, practices and learning to the broader MEL team and to other Sightsavers staff and partners.
- Technical Leadership and Management – a key player within the Global Coordination Team that manages the DID portfolio; lead on the lifecycle of the MEL plans and theories of change for DID projects; build and coordinate MEL sub-committees, representing Sightsavers at consortium meetings and forums concerning MEL
- Learning, Adaptation and Evidence – Engage teams with MEL processes to build knowledge around project implementation; champion adaptive learning among project teams and partners; develop research protocols that meet the ethical protocols for each country; develop and disseminate key learning and best practice across all stakeholders
- Developing and Improving – Provide technical support to country teams during implementation phases; upskill direct reports to grow their professional knowledge; alongside colleagues support enhanced evolving MEL approaches to inclusive data, disability data
- Monitoring and Reporting – Lead on the full lifecycle and reporting of baseline, annual and endline data and contribute to results framework and narrative reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree within International Development, Public Health or any relevant field
- Excellent knowledge base within international development/not for profit sector
- Proven track record working in partnership with local government and systems strengthening experience
- Strong project management
- Creative problem solver
- Proven track record working in a similar role for a multi-country programme
- Able to respond to the complexities attached to working across multiple countries within the international development sector
- Available to travel up to 6 weeks annually
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Current and ongoing right to work in either Kenya OR Nigeria
- Understanding and knowledge of adaptive management and corresponding MEL approaches
- Demonstrable experience in producing first class research, evaluation and baseline reports
- Excellent communication written and oral
- Influential and an advocate of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
- Project Management certification
- Previous experience delivering engaging and outcome focused training
- The MEL Manager, DID programme is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills.
- Experienced using the Washington Group questions
- Line management
Local Terms and Conditions Apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th October, 2022.
- Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 24 October 2022. This will be a one stage interview process with a presentation at interview. Please note we may request examples of previous written products such as baseline reports, evaluation reports etc.
- As an equal opportunity Employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
- Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply
- Please ensure you apply in English only.
- We reserve the right to close this ad early
Also Read >>>> 👇👇👇👇