Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Purpose of the Job
- The Legal Officer shall be responsible for monitoring and/or advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts, agreements and compliance with statutory / corporate governance practices and guidelines as observed in the subsidiaries.
- Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements, finance documents, internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act.
- Follow up with external solicitors on registration of relevant intellectual property rights of the company.
- Maintains an up-to-date list of company’s properties and their title documents, ensuring proper indexing and filing of original legal documents.
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Head, Legal Services/Assistant Company Secretary.
- Bachelor of Law
- Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- 5 years post bar experience.
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) is an added advantage.
The Person Must:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have good presentation ability.
- Possess Relevant I.T. Skills.
- Have Sound analytical mind.
- Have Good research ability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: FMN is an equal employment opportunity company and will under no circumstance request applicants to pay money or give any personal items of monetary value to our company or any agency