Dennis Osadebay University is a public University established by the Act of Delta State House of Assembly on February 25, 2021. It aims at being a leading transformation university providing a tradition of teaching, research, innovation, skill and competence towards meeting societal needs.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Anwai, Asaba – Delta
- The University Librarian is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration and management of the University Library and its campuses, schools, departments and institutes and other teaching or research units.
- The University Librarian shall hold office for a term of five years.
The candidate vying for the position of University Librarian must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be a person of proven integrity, possess high moral character, an excellent manager of human resources and a team player. He/she must be a person with proven leadership qualities and great inter-personal skills.
- The candidate must be visionary, innovative, of high integrity with excellent interpersonal communication.
- He/she must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people, especially the Library staff and users.
- The candidate must understand the complexity of a University system and be capable of harnessing the potentials of staff to attain the overall goals of the University.
- The candidate must have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must possess a good Honours Degree from a recognized University, a Master’s Degree and PhD in Library and Information Science and must have had not less than twenty (20) years in a University Library with a minimum of five (5) years at the Management level
- He/she must also show evidence of active research publications supported by a substantial number of scholarly publications in international and local Journals.
- The publications should be spread as follows:
- Foreign: at least 25%;
- National: at least 50%; and
- Local: maximum 25%.
- The candidate must be a certified Librarian with evidence of membership of recognized professional bodies (e.g. Nigerian Library Association (NLА) etc).
- He/she must be ICT compliant and be very conversant with modern Library applications.
- The candidate must be of excellent physical and mental health and must not be above 60 years of age at the point of assumption of duty.
- He/she must not be below the rank of Deputy University Librarian.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a term of five (5) years. Salary attached to the position of the University Librarian is competitive and comparable to the situation in Nigerian Universities.
- In addition, the University Librarian will receive such allowances and benefits normally attached to holders of such office.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward twenty (20) copies each of their Applications and credentials as well as twenty (20) copies of their detailed current Curriculum Vitae (CV) duly signed. The CV should, among other information, include the following in this order:
- Full Name (surname first and in capital)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin & Local Government
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Address
- Mobile Number
- E-mail Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (any)
- Present Employment, Status
- Educational Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Qualifications (with dates):
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience:
- Research in Progress:
- Ongoing research
- Research completed but not yet published
- Conference(s) attended with dates and/or Papers presented:
- Local Conferences attended
- International Conferences attended
- Conference Papers presented
- Extra Curricula Activities:
- Within the University
- Outside the University.
Applications and supporting materials should be forwarded to:
Dennis Osadebay University,
- Candidates should include statement of Vision and Mission for Dennis Osadebay University, as a University of 21st century, in not more than one page.
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three (3) Referees, candidates should request their Referees to forward reference report on their behalf direct to: The Registrar, Dennis Osadebay University, Anwai, Asaba, Delta State.
- This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept, or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant
Application Deadline 6th October, 2022.