Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS) is now selling application forms for admission into its various postgraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session. See the courses, requirements and how to apply for FUTA Postgraduate form below.
The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its postgraduate programmes (Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Ph. D Programmes) for the 2020/2021 academic session
Before you proceed, check : FUTA Postgraduate Courses 2020/2021.
FUTA Postgraduate Admission Requirements
All candidates must possess at least five (5) ‘O’ level credits as required in relevant disciplines and must include credits in English Language and Mathematics.
(i) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- A first degree in the relevant discipline.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) of at least Lower Credit level or its equivalent in the relevant or related discipline.
- Professional qualifications acceptable in the University, such as ACA, AIB, ACCA, ACIS, or equivalent for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science only.
(ii) Master of Agric. Technology/Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech.)
- A good Bachelors degree of at least Second Class Lower Division of The Federal University of Technology, Akure, in the appropriate discipline.
- A good Bachelors degree from other recognized Universities, in the appropriate discipline.
- Higher National Diploma of at least Lower Credit level and in addition, the candidate must have a Postgraduate Diploma (at Upper Credit level) in the appropriate discipline.
(iii) Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.)
- For M. Phil. in advertised discipline, a good M. Tech. degree or equivalent is required in the relevant discipline.
(iv) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)
- A good Masters degree in the appropriate discipline with a CGPA of 3.50 and/or 60% minimum average score.
- Any other qualification approved by Senate.
FUTA Postgraduate Programmes Duration
(i) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Full-Time students shall normally spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
- Part-Time students shall normally spend between eighteen (18) and thirty-six (36) months.
(ii) Masters Programmes
- M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech./ Professional Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
(iii) M. Phil. Programme
- Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twentyfour (24) months.
- A candidate may transfer from M. Phil. to Ph.D programme after completing the course-work and fulfilling all other approved requirements.
(iv) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Programme
- Full-Time candidates may defend their theses between thirty-six (36) and sixty (60) months.
- Part-Time candidates may defend their theses between forty-eight (48) and seventy-two (72) months.
Note: Applicants are no longer required to present O’Level results for postgraduate admissions
How to Apply for FUTA Postgraduate Admission Form
- Candidates should process their application online at the University’s website (www.futa.edu.ng),(www.arcsstee.org.ng), and (afrigist.org) using the REMITA method with payment made to the School of Postgraduate Studies account.
- Application forms for postgraduate programmes are sold for N20,000.00 (PhD), N20,000.00 (Masters), and N20,000.00 (PGD) only
- Specifically, PhD candidates should send their Research Proposal to [email protected] using surname_school/dept.doc e.g. Ojo_sos/che.researchproposal
- Non–FUTA graduates are requested to print out Transcript Label attached to the Application Form and request their institutions to forward their official academic transcripts to the address below with the Transcript Label (indicating the target Department) latest SIX (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement.
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
ATTN: DEPARTMENT OF……….
THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF
ONDO STATE, NIGERIA.
- ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT WITHOUT TRANSCRIPT LABEL WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- APPLICATION FORM AND ACCEPTANCE FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
OPENING AND CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATION: Application forms will be available for completion for a period of six (6) weeks beginning from 4th October to 15th November, 2021.
See also: List of Universities Selling Postgraduate Forms for 2020/2021 Academic Session.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!