Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Job ID: 2022-4660
Category: International Positions
- The Program/Admin Assistant will provide day-to-day support for project and office operations to ensure smooth running of all programmatic functions of the project in the assigned state.
- The Program/Amin Assistant will support administrative, financial, logistics and programmatic tasks required for efficient implementation of programs.
- This include but not limited to implementation monitoring, budget tracking, documentation and reporting.
- S/he will support state efforts at ensuring timely completion of program activities in line with budget, scope and budget requirements.
- The Program/Admin Assistant will assist in the implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the MCGL project being implemented at the state level.
- This includes assisting with development of work plans, budgets, liaising with GoN stakeholder and implementing partners regarding implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- S/he will support the program officer to ensure that project activities are implemented according to approved implementation plan and accepted Jhpiego methodologies and principles.
- The PA will maintain files and support the dissemination of project information among the project team, schedule and support visitors and meetings.
- S/he will assist with drafting, editing and proofreading of technical materials and appropriate reports of program activities and results for technical leads and supervisors as requested.
- S/he will work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Assist with gathering technical updates for program planning, training, components of evaluations and other studies on related programs.
- Support the Senior Program Manager, Stat Team Leaders and technical teams in capacity development efforts in support of state and LPs’ staff and other partners.
- Work with partners to regularly assess the quality of the relationship, ensuring that effective communication channels are in place, and that any shortcomings are addressed;
- Assist in the development of monthly, quarterly and annual reports as well as human-interest stories, success stories, bulletins, factsheets, technical briefs, abstracts and other relevant publication related to the project interventions.
- The PA will work with finance department to arrange logistics for all Program activities and draft correspondence to partners, NGOs and other agencies as requested.
- Remain informed on the current programs in the GBV space by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities.
- Responsible for the collation, harmonization and regular updates of program management tools such as scorecard, stakeholder’s database, adhoc database, facility directory and other tools as maybe be requested.
- Coordinate the planning of meetings, workshops, and brown bag sessions and ensures that all logistics arrangements are in place while ensuring that meeting notes are taken and disseminated timely to all participants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Health or related field or equivalent job experience
- 2-3 years of experience in programmatic support of international health projects
- Proven track record of working with a project team composed of technical experts, program, and finance staff.
- Fluency in verbal, written and interpersonal communication in English.
- Fluency in any local language in the project State will be an advantage
- Proficiency in writing and editing letters, reports, and documents.
- A broad variety of programmatic, administrative, financial, and computer skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access), which may need to be acquired through very quick learning.
- Experience in coordinating USG funded projects and familiarity with international donor policies and administrative procedures
N349,000 – N401,000 Salary Monthly.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation