The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 10 October 2021 – Doing The Father’s Will
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Doing The Father’s Will
READ: Matthew 21:28-32 (NKJV)
- ” But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go, work today in my vineyard.’
- “He answered and said, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he regretted it and went.
- “Then he came to the second and said likewise. And he answered and said, ‘I [go,] sir,’ but he did not go.
- “Which of the two did the will of [his] father?” They said to Him, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you.
- “For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him; but tax collectors and harlots believed him; and when you saw [it,] you did not afterward relent and believe him.
The Parable of the Two Sons which we read has a lot to teach us including:
- The need to understand that God has sent every believer to work in His vineyard.
2 God has no pleasure in people accepting to do something and not fulfil it, like the first son;
3 The second son was commended because he later obeyed his father’s injunction even though he first refused;
- To begin the heavenly race is one thing and to complete it is another. Completing the race is what God desires and what benefits the believer.
Beloved, which service are you rendering to expand the kingdom of God? Do you accept a post in the church/fellowship without accomplishing the corresponding service? It is very dangerous to do so. Let us, therefore, do the work of God while it is day for night cometh when no man can work (John 9:4).
PRAYER: Lord, please help me to fulfil any promises I make to You. Amen.